Simply answer a series of simple questions developed by technology lawyer David Canton of e-Legal and instantly generate a draft policy customized to your business. PolicyTool policies provide a comprehensive and informed framework for your legal counsel to quickly create a binding policy.
The Internet has transformed how companies do business and communicate with their customers. Collecting information from site visitors is common online, however, now more than ever it’s important to provide a policy that ensures your customer’s privacy is respected.
PolicyTool is intended to provide assistance to create policies for websites and software - it does not provide legal advice. We do not warrant the completeness, timeliness or accuracy of the output of the tool, which is provided "as is". The user is encouraged to seek legal advice to ensure that the document produced by this tool is appropriate for the user's circumstances and jurisdiction.
PLEASE READ ALL THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. BY CLICKING "I Agree", AND/OR BY USING THIS TOOL, YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THEM. IT IS IMPORTANT TO READ THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT. IN PARTICULAR, IT CONTAINS PROVISIONS THAT MAY LIMIT YOUR RIGHTS, SUCH AS SECTIONS 5, 6 AND 7.
2. Copyright © 2010 rTraction. All rights reserved. The contents of the PolicyTool site are owned by and copyrighted by rTraction and its suppliers and contains trademarks of rTraction or others. You may not reproduce any part of the website. The user may use the documents created by the PolicyTool for its own use. The user may not use such documents or any other material found on the PolicyTool site for any other purpose, including, without limitation, may not sell, rent, assign (except to another entity acquiring substantially all of its assets), lease, sublicense, distribute, serve third parties, market or commercially exploit it, in any way.
3. Unauthorized use of the PolicyTool site may violate copyright, trade-mark and other laws.
4. Access to portions of the service may require a logon ID and password. It is your responsibility to protect that information, including using effective passwords that are not easily guessed or discoverable, and keeping login ID's and passwords confidential.
5. PolicyTool is intended to create documents based on the input of the user. Users must satisfy themselves that the documents are appropriate for their use. It does not provide legal or other professional advice. Users are encouraged to seek legal and other relevant professional advice to ensure that the documents produced by this tool are appropriate for the user's circumstances and jurisdiction.
6. In no event is rTraction liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, direct, incidental or consequential damages, lost profits, or damages resulting from lost data or business interruption) resulting from the use of, effectiveness of, ineffectiveness of, or inability to use the PolicyTool service, or the documents it creates, or the reliability of the Internet, whether based on warranty, contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, operation of law, or any other legal theory, and whether or not rTraction is advised of the possibility of such damages. You acknowledge that rTraction has set its prices and entered into this agreement in reliance on the limitations of liability and disclaimers of warranties and damages set forth herein, and that the same form a fundamental and essential basis of the bargain between the parties. They shall apply even if this agreement is found to have failed in its fundamental or essential purpose or been fundamentally breached.
7. rTraction disclaims all warranties or conditions, express or implied, in respect of the use of this service, including any implied warranties or conditions of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability and noninfringement.
8. This service is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario, Canada, excluding any conflicts of law provisions and excluding the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Any legal action against rTraction shall take place in the courts of the Province of Ontario. The parties attorn to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Ontario.
10. rTraction may be contacted at:
148 Fullarton Street
London, Ontario N6A 5P3